Sunday, October 19, 2008

Close to Home

On Friday I took my roommate to the airport so she could fly home for the weekend. It's her first time back to FL since moving out here, thus I can understand the excitement of going back and pain of being here. I was a teeny-bit jealous that I wished I could get on an airplane and then I remembered all the pain and agony of juggling, tickets, ID's, only 3oz liquids in plastic baggies, weather delays, waiting in lines for security, checked bags, packing meticulously so nothing is broken yet can live a few days if suitcase is lost, finding someone to pick you up and drop you off at airport, making sure you get there on time, packing own food b/c airport food is too $$, praying no one sits next to you on the plane and have an aisle seat, 4 hour lay-overs, two take-off and landings (never was there a non-stop flight btwn OKC and JAX), and don't forget the cost of it all!
Now I have the luxury of throwing things in the suitcase or whatever bag will do and putting it in my car. I do consider traffic, but it takes a whole lot less time to get there! Besides, weather doesn't delay me for days!! Since moving back to Texas, I haven't gone more than two weeks without seeing family! I've either been in Waco or Flower Mound every other weekend! Don't get me wrong, I love it! I love that I can take home my shampoo and not worry about it getting my clothes ruined or my dress will be wrinkled! I actually got to spend my BDay with my sister - something I haven't done in over 8 years! So, yes, I do love being back in the great state of Texas close to family!
On another note, I'm ready for my parents to come home - they're on a mission trip to South America. It's hard not being able to call them anytime I want - even though I don't talk to them everyday, it's the thought on not communicating. And boy did I need them this week! Between my computer and theology, it's been an interesting week. But I've survived and ready for them to come back.
I know you're checking this mom when you get back, so welcome home Mom! and dad too!
I'd post pics but they're on another disc and I haven't downloaded them to my comp yet, that's next on the list.

Up High: Getting my theo mid-term grade raised 2pts!
Down Low: Erasing my hard drive on my laptop

3 comments:

Julie said...

I know what you mean by needing to call your parents. Thankfully they will be home tomorrow!

Anna and the boys said...

I can't wait to talk to them, too! It is driving me crazy!!!

darlene said...

Leah, I just found your blog and can now keep up with you. Miss you in the neighborhood but glad you are close enough to stop by.