Sunday, April 20, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame

So this weekend, my aunt and uncle were out of town thus they gave them their baseball tickets! YAY! After taking in a depressing, yet amusing soccer game, my friend and I went to the very depressing baseball game. But first let me tell you a funny story about soccer. There is a special child who I believe has ADD ( I'm not kidding!). A great part of the soccer league is equal playing time for everyone. This kid, I'll call Jack, was on the bench. We begin discussing the rotation of players and look up to see Jack pick up the ball while it's in play. I quickly look at the bench to see who to put in when I realize he isn't supposed to be on the field!! (btw, we had already gone over on Monday about not picking up the ball unless you're the goalie and it looks like we'll be going over it again!). We yell for him to come off the field. From now on, we're sitting on the bench with him to make sure he doesn't run onto the field when he's not supposed to!
Today I went back to the ballpark for another round. This one was a little better and it reminded me how I much really do love college sports, especially Baylor ones. Yes, we may lose but there's something special about screaming for your team. I love it!

Up High: Fandango on Saturday!
Down Low: Nervous about next week's run!

No comments: