
One of my earliest memories of church is spent in Mission Friends. I can remember my mother teaching choir, and then I'd stay to hear about the missionaries. I was intrigued by their funny-looking clothes, their weird food they ate, and odd-shaped houses/huts which they lived in. They also lived in far-away countries. As I grew older, I realized not all M's were like that. And of course I was one! HA!
So, tonight I show up and am handed a packet/book of materials while being told I am the new Mission Friends teacher for Kindergarten! Apparently there were two new childcare teachers starting tonight, myself included. And since I have a background in missions, I was designated the MF teacher! HAHA!! BTW, did I tell you it's a paid gig! HA! They had also told the other teachers that I had 'special' qualifications since I was a "real-live missionary!" Even now as I write it all out, I laugh to myself.
Up High: I have a job!!
Down Low: Theo is not only eating my sack lunch, it's taking my milk money too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment