"Where everybody knows your name - and they are all glad you came" This weekend I decided last minute to head back to Waco. I call up my friend so we can meet up for some coffee. But she had a better idea. She had two FREE tickets to the Baylor football game!! Of course I'm not going to pass that up! Especially since I hadn't seen a game in person in almost three years! I was so excited to go!! Of course as you know, we creamed our opponent - 51-6!!! Heck yes! Definitely worth it! I don't think I've ever sung the fight song so many times in such a short amount of time! It was a great game and made us all feel good.
This morning I went back to my church which over the past year it's become a home to me. I've been sitting in the same pew around the same people (yes I am one of those people, but no I don't get mad when others sit in my seat). I kept running into people I knew who said three magic words that made me smile "Welcome Back Leah." The people in the pews around me hugged my neck, and asked genuinely how I was, and mentioned how they had missed me while I've been gone. It was like I was family - what a church should be. If I were a millionaire, I'd probably drive every Sunday just to go there. But I don't, so I'm here 'church shopping.'
Up High: Baylor game
Down Low: coming back to the reading anticipating my arrival
No comments:
Post a Comment