Unless you just crawled out from under a rock, the US officially has a new prez. Some schools cancelled class or took the day off. Many classrooms were tuned in around 11ish to watch the Obama be sworn in. I, however, learned I would be stuck in chapel. Now wanting to miss this historic moment, I did what others might do too if they couldn't skip it, I took my laptop in! I attached to wireless and watched it live off the Internet broadcasting. How cool is that? (I know my mother is shaking her finger at me right now for doing that, but don't worry Mom, I didn't get to see all of it.) About the time we started to pray in chapel, Obama was sworn in, so I paused it. However, I was never able to connect back thus missed that part. But I did see Aretha Franklin sing and Biden get sworn in as well. I'm not sure what was cooler, watching it off my laptop live or it being the first non-white Prez. It's cool anyway you look at.
**EDIT Note*** After my connection failed, I put my laptop away and didn't look at it again for the rest of chapel. The only thing I didn't pay full attention to was the congregational singing. I had a couple of friends who actually skipped chapel to watch it live anyway, at least I went and heard the speaker!
Up High: Warm temps for flip-flops!
Down Low: the amount of reading and weekly quizzes this semester!
2 comments:
Cute toes!
Chapel happens often and inauguration only happen every 4 years. If I had been at my desk, I would have watched but was stuck in a meeting and don't have a wireless laptop.
Interestingly enough, we (OBU best!) were stuck in Chapel. I know people that did everything from skip to record it to using their internet-connected phones. I, however, was a good baptist school student and gave my full attention to the speaker (who happened to be my Exgesis prof who's class I had directly following). :)
Post a Comment