Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hello 2009...better late than never

I know it's the middle of January but I'm still posting my first blog in '09. YAY! I'm back in school after traveling all over the country. My bags are glad to be left in one place - the closet. I loved seeing friends, family, places, and things, but I'm glad to be in one place for awhile.

A funny story from my vacation: I have a favorite pair of 'everyday heels' meaning they can be worn for lengths of time w/out causing me too much pain (admit it girl, you have those comfy heels that make you feel/walk beautifully yet are still comfy while also possessing those uncomfortable heels that make your toes squished but love the shoes!) My parents decided those were needing to be retired. I reluctantly agreed with them as I too grew tired of constantly using my black sharpie on them to cover the grey areas. I'm cheap! I was off to see my friend from HS when my brother's dog (whom my parents have been keeping till May) ran away. Now this dog turns off his ears and follows his nose thus it is irritating when he gets out. I'm wearing my new heels so I hop in the car while my dad searches on foot to chase him up the hill. After not finding him, I go up the next street over thinking he probably went between houses. I suddenly find him, park the car illegally, and run off chasing that dog down. Mind you, I'm in my brand-new heels. I did catch him and broke in my shoes at the same time!


Here's a pic of my old shoes I've had since HS. They look better than normal after my dad polished them, but you can still see the wear and tear.


Here's my new ones....oooohhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh




Up High: seeing classmates is always exciting! and one prof is a Baylor grad!
Down Low: the amount of papers and reading ahead of me this semester

1 comment:

darlene said...

Leah, glad you had fun during the holidays and know you will do well this semester.