Monday, February 6, 2012

Fun Filled Friday

I plan on posting pics later. For now, enjoy the story........

It all started early Friday morning with the radio. So I've been listening to Air1 for th past eight years and have heard an assortment of dj's. So, they asked for listeners to call in with suggestions for one of the dj's to do as he turned 30 Saturday since lots of people create lists of things to accomplish before they turn a decade older. Since I'm currently working on my list, I decided to give them a few suggestions he could do. I finally got through and they loved my suggestion of 7 or 30 pushups as it could be done in studio. Well, they recorded it and ended up playing it on the air. Did I mention this is a NATIONAL radio station? Um, yeah. Crazy! I texted my mom right after I hung up as I had figured they were recording it to be played back later. About five minutes after warning my mom in OK, it came on and she heard me. So cool!

Then at my local professional organizational meeting, I was formally nominated for the Executive Board. It sounds fancier than I think it is. Regardless, it'll be great for experience and resume booster if I actually get elected!

The week started off with my mother's birthday! Then on Friday, generous donors allowed Miss ASQ and I attend DWTS of Waco fundraiser. Mr. EAN and Miss SSW were two of the six 'pros' tapped for the benefit.

And Miss SSW and her 'star' of the former basketball team. And yes, that's their real height, there's over two feet of difference. As I told one person, I felt rich rubbing elbows with these people and knew the famous as they were my friends! So proud of them representing WSDS! AND Miss SSW and her star won it all!

No comments: