Saturday, April 13, 2013

My own 'Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day's'

I really don't know where my mind was Tuesday and Wednesday.  I was SO forgetful.

On Tuesday, I forgot to put on make-up. fail

Then I didn't look at the weather forecast for 25-30 mph winds, and ended up wearing a flowy skirt.  fail.
That was all the negative stuff, but Wednesday morning was not so great.  I felt like it was like this:

While putting my stuff into the car getting ready to leave, I realized this:
was still in the fridge.  fail.
So I went back in and put it in the car.
I also had some envelopes to mail.  So to help me remember them, I held them in my hands.  I past the post office on my way to work and wanted to place them in the box rather than my own mailbox.  They contained some checks and I didn't trust just any box.
I was half-way to work when I realized I still had the envelopes in my hand.  And I had already passed the post office.  fail.

A few minutes later, I realized I forgot to turn on a street to go to work.  fail again.

Not wanting to be late to work, I kept going (taking a slight detour) and got to work.  Now, I was wearing my somewhat comfy shoes
And since it had rained the night before dropping temps into the upper 30s, I didn't want to crunch through the grass, rather take the sidewalk.  This is not the most direct route.  

Upon entering the building, I realized once again I had forgotten this:
fail.  
After putting my stuff down, I walked back out to my car to get it.  Man, I guess I really wasn't going to eat my lunch!  

So our mailman in our office is kinda grumpy.  Rather, more gruff.  We've tried being nice, but I don't think he likes us.

I didn't want to leave the envelopes on our front desk for him to pick up as clients may see it and I just didn't trust them.  When I heard the door chime around the time he comes, I was busy writing case notes.  Then I remembered the envelopes.  I frantically grab them out of my bag and 'run' towards the door (or rather I ran as best I could in heels)
All the while screaming, 'Wait Mr. Postman!  Wait!!'  yeah, real professional
I get closer and hear the door chime again meaning he just left the building.  So I swing open the outside door that opens out and end up slamming it right into the mailman.  Guess he heard me just as the door shut and he was turning around.  Yep.  I felt like an idiot.  double fail.

*sigh* the day got better as the sun started coming up
I stopped for this:



YAY!!  So pretty!

Up High: T-minus 20 days till Florida vacay
Down Low: Hoping this warm weather stays and I'm not a fan of the cold weather in April!


No comments: