Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Freezing in Oklahoma

We left JAX at 70 degrees only to arrive in OK with it in the 30's! AHH!!
It's true of the saying "You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl! Man, I love that state! I had a wonderful time in W-town this past weekend. I saw some friends - many of who are young professionals like myself. I also visited a church there I started to like towards the end of college. A funny thing happened to me. I'm used to my church in FL and OK that when the music started I just stood up. I'm used to words on the screen, yet when I looked up I realized they sang out of hymnals here! Now for the record, I have used a hymnal before and actually enjoy them! However, I wasn't prepared for it. Thus I scrambled for the bulletion as it had printed what hymn number and then I had to search for the hymn. Good thing I knew the tune to sing-a-long for the first part! I laughed at how contemporary my church has been. Here, the choir still wears robes and good luck finding a drum set! I did enjoy it and absolutley love the preacher! The church is beginning to be mission-minded. They're putting their money where their mouth is! Yes, it is full of gray-hairs, but maybe I can help bring young life into it!

Up High: My brother's home from overseas!!! YAY!!
Down Low: Jobless

No comments: