Monday, April 27, 2009

Chapel skippers, financial peacers, and heel abandoners

I know the post title doesn't make sense, but it kinda fit, right? Maybe? Oh well. Another week has passed and much to tell. In celebration of chapel this week, five of my friends and I celebrated this occasion by fellowshipping instead of attending (there were alternate reasons as well). We decided to eat at the local fav Uncle Julio’s. So much fun and the food was yummy! So glad we all splurged our chapel absences for this momentous occasion!

This week was also a financial seminar I was required/encouraged to attend. In fact, it was a free meal, excused absences, and no boring plenary session to attend – why wouldn’t I go?! Did I mention a grant paid for all the students to go?! It was great advice I hope to heed and apply to my life even now. I decided that this conference was more important than attending class simply because I hadn’t missed a single one until now and knew that it was more relevant and applicable to life at this moment. Did I mention it was free? It mentioned how God provides at the right time. I just got a small pay raise in one of my jobs – not much, but it’s a blessing nonetheless. PTL!

Six years ago I heard magical words as a bridesmaid - ‘pick out your own black shoes.’ YAY! In search of the perfect pair that was also inexpensive, fashionable, yet comfortable became my new task. When I saw at Target that one particular style at was called, “Christy” I knew these were the ones because she was the bride! I’ve worn them numerous times in a variety of places over all kinds of terrain. After coming home from church, I went to take them off and this is what I found… I know it’s so sad with the bottom of the heel falling off! No clue when it happened either. I guess it’s about time to buy a new pair after six years. Good thing they still sell this same kind – two years ago I bought the same style in brown for another wedding I was in. I’ll just try to find time to buy them in the next two weeks.

Up: tomorrow is the last required day of chapel for-eh-ver (as in the Sandlot). So excited!!! YAY!!!
Down: two more Tuesday’s of freedom before I get committed.

2 comments:

Aunt Kathryn said...

Leah, I say you got your moneys worth out of those shoes!

darlene said...

Love your posts. It's time to get another pair of shoes.

Skipping class and/or chapel is not so bad. Everyone needs to be a rebel sometimes and you had good reasons. :-)