Monday, April 20, 2009

Late night, early nite, pretty night

My post title rhymes and I like it! This has been a crazy week as always. It was a lot of late nights as I would wake up, go to class, go to work, come home, do homework until about 12ish, go to bed, then start all over again. I started a new job at probably the worst time as it was a week before two huge projects/papers were due at school. For someone who's never worked much less one job in school, much less two - it can be overwhelming. I do consider myself lucky in that I only needed to work during the summer to save and live off that during the school years in college. I started a small job back in Sept, but now I have another one that's about 15 hours - something new for me to juggle. Needless to say, I ended up staying up until well past 4am with Wednesday night to finish the project.

Yes, mom, I did get up and go to class. No, Joel, I didn't fall asleep in them. But I will say my early night came Thursday. After coming home and talking to my siblings, I was in bed by 8:30! I think the last time I went to bed that early, I was 10. But it felt great! Something about that magical number of 8 hours of sleep - it'll do wonders! And my aunt's right - I am more of a grown-up. I work two jobs, and go to school full time while also paying my own bills. I'm not in Kansas anymore.

After all the papers, I was finally able to escape this concrete jungle for a beautiful scenery...cloverland. Laugh all you want, but there's something serene and peaceful about the wide open spaces, big dark sky, luscious green grass, and the smell in the air that just relaxes me. This pic was taken last Nov when my friends and I came to visit - but it's still pretty. Oh and the bluebonnets were in full bloom all along the highway - so pretty!!! Love it!! Now it's back to the grind of the last weeks of school.
Up High: Got all my classes lined up for summer/fall
Down Low: finals, finals, finals

1 comment:

darlene said...

Leah, we were glad to see you walking around Granny's house. Sorry we didn't have time to do more than wave. We certainly agree that Cloverland is a great place to be. :-)