Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter of sorts, a funeral, psycho

I know I didn't blog last week, but I was too busy reeling from getting into summer practicum. YAY!! I'm still really excited about it. It's been an interesting week since then.

This was an odd Easter for me because I did or didn't do things which I have done every year since I was born. I didn't go to a service - now before you stone me to death, I enabled others to go by working in the nursery. With that being said, it was the first time I didn't wear a dress or skirt to church - hard to do when you have to get down on their level. I also ate dinner with only one generation, unlike the other times when the lunch was multi-generational. Instead, I ate lunch with some friends from school who also couldn't go home either - remember Mrs. MSB and Ms. FBB, that's who I also taught that on Easter you are to greet one another with "He has risen" and the other responds with "He has risen indeed!" Which leads me to my pic for the week. Since I have no picture of me in an Easter dress, nor pics of my neice and nephews *AHEM Anna & Joel!* I'll leave you with something cooler.



Sadly, today I attended a funeral of my second cousin, Trey, who died suddenly last week of a heart attack at 45. While it was great seeing family, it was a little sad. I will say this, that he loved Jesus and did desperately wanted others to know Him too. To hear the testimonies of what others said was also tearful, yet comforting in knowing that He's in heaven.

I titled the last portion psycho because that's what I've been studying and felt the past 10 days. And b/c I'm completing a project for my abnormal psychology class and it states how a lot of mental illnesses are stemmed from genetics - might explain a lot. J/k! =) Five weeks ago I turned in an outline for my BIG paper due tomorrow. Unfortunately, I did not get it back until late Thursday night. Topped with another large project due on Thursday, it has been a hectic week. This has been my schedule each day: get up, maybe work on paper/project before heading to class, class, work, come home and work until usually 12 or 1 on paper/project. All day Saturday and most of Sunday has been spent on this and I think I'm going crazy because of it. Most of you know how I am about being late, so you can imagine how irate I was in it I didn't get back my graded outline until five days before the due date. Okay, I'm getting off my soap box right now and getting back to work.
Up High: My awesome prof who told me to not bother coming to class but rather spend time w/family today b/c of funeral
Down Low: Still have a project due this week while also editing my paper tonight.

3 comments:

darlene said...

Leah, it is always interesting to read your latest blog. You are a real grownup now - no Easter dress, no Easter basket, no pictures but you understand the real reason for Easter.

Love you, girl.

Aunt Kathryn said...

Leah, I can relate. My family was in three different states and I didnt go to church. Felt really wierd! Does it count if you watched a service on tv? You were a great servant!

Joanna said...

Hey Leah! I just found your blog, hope you are doing well, sounds like you are keeping busy!!! :)
Joanna