Sunday, May 24, 2009

Evalution, Practicum, Doggie sitting

One of my jobs had the licensing people come to look at our center and rate us. I was asked to come all day to help out. This was challenging as I attempted to adjust to the morning routine which I had never experienced as well. I think it went okay, but it was very stressful. Needless to say, I'm glad it's over.

I have recently completed my second week of practicum program - now only 48 days to go! HA! I love being with my friends throughout this program, but I'm nervous about the semesters to come. Mostly, I'm glad this will be my only class the first half of the summer. It's exciting to finally be apart of this as I choose this school because of the hands-on learning. God told me and the practicum requirement confirmed it.

This past weekend my sister left town again and asked me to dog/house-sit. The only problem is that her house is on the market- therefore I must keep it spotless and remove the dog when a prospective buyer comes by. I was waiting for my roommate to get back from a job interview before heading over to her place when she called telling me that a buyer was coming in 45minutes. Mind you, it takes me a good 45 minutes to get there from my place. I beg them to push it back till 2pm as I feverishly rushed to my sister's in order to remove the dog. Good thing she was able to get her neighbors to get the dog out as the realtor was there before I could get there. Trying to stay out of the house for awhile, I drove back to Ft. Worth to get the rest of my stuff that I left - as well as my roommate. I'm also grateful for my dad's car - as i could easily put the dog in the back.

Here's a pic of me and Boulder - btw, thanks Anna for letting me borrow your necklace for church!

High: Four day week and Aaron & Caroline's wedding on Sat!

Low: I'm a little nervous about saying a prayer at their wedding!

3 comments:

darlene said...

I certainly would not look at a house with a doberman in it -- even if it was Bolder. you are a good sister to dogsit. :-)

I'm sure your prayer will be wonderful -- your uncle Jim would just say "keep it short and everyone will be happy".

Anna and the boys said...

Glad you enjoyed the necklace & thanks for watching the house! Love you! You'll do great!

Aunt Kathryn said...

Have fun at the wedding. They couldnt have asked a better person to pray. Dan and I are reading scripture in a friend's wedding this weekend. Guess its a wedding weekend. Have fun...post pics.