Monday, October 12, 2009

Indiana and Birthdays!

As promised here are more pics from my trip to Indiana:
While walking around downtown this was in the window - so of course I made it into a photo opt - Sic'em!


After lunch in a soda shop, we headed to a covered bridge park. It had fun trails and one close to the river.

Here's an artsy picture I took at the pumpkin patch. All the pumpkins were intermixed with the Christmas trees. The beautiful blue sky made a perfect contrast with the green Christmas trees and orange pumpkins.


What good is going to the midwest without a corn picture. In the back of Jenni's house are corn and soy bean fields.


So, last week was my birthday. When I got home from the airport on Tuesday, a note was waiting for me telling me to be ready Friday for birthday celebration. Well, I enjoyed my actual birthday on Wednesday but grew anxious to know who, what, when, where, basically everything for Friday. My roommate proceeds to drive me to my fav restaurant, OTB, where I walk in to see my friends all there. YAY!!


But I see a very familiar face in the crowd strikingly similar to mine - my see-stur! That's right Ladies and Gents, my sister came all the way to my side of town in 5 o'clock traffic just for me! And... she brought me a cake!

Awww. I was totally surprised by everything! Yay for having great friends!

Up High: Wonderful friends who surprise me!
Down Low: Going to funeral today for Kate's dad (she's the one who got married last month) I'm praying hard for her and her family.

1 comment:

Gabbasaurus said...

Yay for pumpkin pictures and sisters bearing cake :-) I'm so glad you came to see me up north! Can you send me pics at my hotmail address?