Monday, June 7, 2010

Early Work, Interview, Play

I may have mentioned last week about my frustration of scheduling clients early, arriving extra earlier than normal only to have them cancel on Tuesday. The good thing about it then was that they did call & reschedule for the next day. Unfortunately, Wednesday morning - they just didn't show! What?! So frustrating but it's a lesson I have to learn to deal with. It's a very common occurrence in private practice of people not showing or canceling last minute. I guess that's why some docs & professionals charge the fee regardless b/c they could have rescheduled someone else for that time & now they're out money. It's a reality I'm facing and have to start loving regardless.

In other news, I got a job this week! They first said since I'm only here for summer, they didn't need me; but then they called to say they did & set up an interview. To make a long story short, I started work yesterday at a church nursery. I know it's not glamorous, but it's something that'll work for the summer - YAY!!! I love it! PTL!!
Here are some pics from last weekend:
Miss LAT & FBB at dinner in Wacko after getting off I-35
The three of us in front of the Alamo - one would think the tourist would have gotten the ENTIRE Alamo in the shot, but he didn't
Remember the Alamo!
This is us BEFORE we started our adventure at Fiesta
Of course we got there just in time for Pie Happy Hour at Bluebonnet Cafe - yum!

Up High:Finished first two of three books of required reading - all provided by school libraries for free! YES!! $$$ saved!
Down Low: Just picked up final book of required reading & yes, it's longer than first 2 combined! Ugh!

1 comment:

darlene said...

Always fun to read your posts and see your pictures. Glad to hear about the job.