Rain started in West with it getting heavier as I drove north. It became unbearable since I couldn't see, the wind pushing my car, and the rains making me blind to the road. I saw cars along the side of the road hopeing to wait it out however, I had my father stuck in my head telling me to NEVER pull over during a rain storm b/c you're more likely to get hit. After what seemed like hours, I finally exitted the last exit in Hillsboro barely making it to 7-11. There, I broke down in tears as crying as much as the rain fell - yes, I cried. It was barely 9am but I wasn't sure when the storm would let up, so I headed next door to Mcdonalds to get a coke & calm down. About an hour later, I hit the wet road w/dark skies. As I crested up top a hill, I saw in the horizon the ever so slight rays of sunshine - and yes I cried again. I finally made it to my destination praising God for getting me safely there - I still have to praise God for getting me there because I have no idea how I did it - it was almost traumatic for me. So glad that's over! Next time I watching the radar more closely & will skip class to save my life - who care's about an A!
A few months ago I had some bad tasting ribs that left me wanting my uncle J's ribs. He came through for me this weekend as we celebrated my Aunt D's birthday. Oh there were so yummy! AND he gave me leftovers - I can't wait to have them again - maybe even tonight! Unfortunately, I don't have any pics right now. Up High: PTL I survived last week's floods & I'm headed for mini-fam reunion in T-town!
Down Low: My last week of free Friday's for the summer!
1 comment:
We had fun and will cook ribs again. It's nice to have you in the neighborhood. :-)
Post a Comment