Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fiesta, Friends, and Flags

I know you're probably sad I didn't post yesterday b/c I ALWAYS post on Monday but I just didn't get to it. After all, it WAS a holiday. It has been a whirlwind weekend! Miss FBB and Miss LAT came down and we all headed south to San Antonio. So much fun!
We lounged by my aunt's pool and basked in the sun, took a small walk, and was given a quick driving tour of SA. Then we headed to the riverwalk for dinner amidst the other vacationers.

Sunday we rose early to visit church which happened to be about 1/2 mile from Fiesta Texas (Six Flags). They both had season passes and a $10 coupon for me! And since we got there when the park opened, we were able to get great parking. We rode the BIG dry rides before picnicing in the parking lot for lunch. The cool thing about Fiesta is the water park is included in admission price( 2 for 1). We then spent the afternoon on the water park rides - something I haven't done since I was 14! My fav was the straight shooter - one slide w/a huge drop. The man & his front talked with us in line and ended up staying to watch me go down it b/c I was a little scared about it at first. After drying off a bit, we headed back to amusement park rides and ended w/my fav the Tony Hawk roller coaster where it imitates a skate park w/the car turning. So cool! We were exhausted and fried by the sun and headed for a relaxing evening at home.

Monday we swam a bit more, shopped some more, and had lunch at a local place w/GG & Aunt S. Then we headed back on 281 just in time for Pie Happy Hour at Bluebonnet Cafe - .yum!! It was exciting and exhausting! Because I lathered up, I have a lovely bronze tone in my shoulders and slightly brown elsewhere - no more scary pale white! I'll have pics later.
Up High: Fun weekend w/friends!
Down Low: scheduling an 8:30am appt today, getting up extra early, & having them cancel once I got here - welcome to the life of a professional!

1 comment:

darlene said...

So glad you had fun. Sounds like you did it all in SA.