Monday, July 5, 2010

Goodbye My Love

I write this post with a sad heart. For it is this day that I will spend my last with my dearly loved cat, Oliver. No, he's not dead and IS NOT being put-down, he is going to a better home. I got Olli almost 11 years ago - after my sister's wedding I got her car and cat! It was so furry and soft! I still remember my father bringing him home from the pound and eating dinner hurriedly to go play with him. He had a bit of a biting problem, but I loved him anyway. We were worried about Abu chasing him around, but rather the dog was scared of Oliver!
I took photos of my animals as part of my photo class in HS. This was one of his fav spots while I was at school:
Can you find him now?
Now I know you're thinking we're mean or my parents are mean, but they aren't! They've been caring for him a long time and I DO appreciate them NOT giving him away while I was in college or FL. I was advised in this decision and really do feel that placing him in a home with an elderly person is a better situation. I'll always love him and am glad he's going to a place where more love can be given. He sometimes looked like a mountain lion with his amount of fur.
One last hug:

Up High: Seeing Family
Down Low: Saying good-bye to Oliver

No comments: