Monday, August 23, 2010

The LAST First Day of School

That's right folks. Today was my LAST first day of school. Crazy! AND it was my 20th time to start school - so crazy to add all that up! I was supposed to start with the rest of my school last week, but my one class was cancelled. So today was my first class. It'll be a hard class but excited about our group project! We picked our topic and while we didn't get our first pick, I LOVE the people I'm with. We're the last to present meaning it's due the week after Thanksgiving and two weeks before graduation. Five out of the seven members are graduating, but I trust these people and we WILL have everything planned WAY ahead.

I also started back to work - which can be good and bad at the same time. Now instead of working the dreaded afternoon's I know get the morning's! The only bad thing is that this means back to waking up REALLY early EVERY day. Man, I do NOT miss these days - I've enjoyed the later start times of grad school & college. There IS a reason why I've only had 1 8am class in grad school. Here's the obligatory pic of my first day of school - for the last time: Also, I took Miss FBB on her first ever trip to OK! We visited this iconic place in e*town: POPS! So much fun with all their yummy drinks. In case you don't know, it's a retro gas station with thousands of coke bottles of all flavors and colors. Rare flavors like mint, Shirley Temple, and over a hundred root beer's. We loved it so much we made a second run the next night after some bad news from school about our student organization being disbanded. I'd show you more pics, but my MOM had them! Maybe she could email them to me *hint, hint Mom* =)

Up High: Love my group project group and the cokes I still have to drink from Pops!
Down Low: School in session means homework is due - aww man!

2 comments:

darlene said...

Great pic -- you look so cute for your last first day of school.

Joanna said...

How fun that it's your last first day of school!!! You look great! I can't wait to be there! Thanks for your quotes, I really think we have to hang in there with each other with grad school stuff...yikes! Glad you're doing well!