Monday, August 30, 2010

Blackout Shopping, Menu Flying, and Private Parties

So last week, Miss FBB and I headed to Tar-get for a much needed grocery trip. While we were examining the finer details of the cheapest & softest toilet paper, the light went out. And I don't mean a few, the entire store went pitch black - um... yikes! Miss FBB starting freaking out, and what do I do? I start laughing! I couldn't see my hand at all, and tried searching for my phone to shed some light. About 30-60 seconds the back up generator kicked in. Sparse lighting was found throughout the store while the freezer/fridge section was still black. We kept shopping and ended up checking out - however, it was odd since the belts weren't working so I had to constantly move the products down the line to the cashier. What did we ever do w/out those things?!

Then after some studying Friday night, we went out to dinner. We opted to sit upstairs along the balcony. We've had some shall I say disgraceful things occur at restaurants such as dropping food on the floor and spilling water everywhere. We go to move our salt/pepper/menu holder since we spilt an entree and accidentally lost a menu to the lower floor. We were so embarrassed b/c it was right over a table. I refused to look in case someone was sitting there - oops!

Saturday was originally scheduled for a school function -picnic. For reasons I cannot say ( at least until Dec), it was cancelled. So, fellow students and alumni put together a private party honoring the faculty who recently left who was to be honored at the school-picnic. Here's some of us w/the prof We're so sad he left but glad for him and his new job.

Up High: Countdown starts this week - meaning a picture a day on fb otherwise I'll keep the best pic for here
Down Low: Even though I'm taking less classes - the workload is ten times heavier! Yikes!

1 comment:

darlene said...

Leah, Life is always an adventure for your and you find fun in everything. That is a great trait so keep it up.