Monday, October 18, 2010

Library Fines, Corn Mazes, and Christmas Vacations

So a few weeks ago I mentioned my goal of finishing my NT paper in Sept as it's due the same week as my HUGE Capstone portfolio. Well, I did research but the task and other things consumed my time and I didn't finish. So I turned in a few books late. I head back to the library this past weekend to finish it all up. While checking out my account, I notice a hefty fine over $10! WHAT!! I realize the book was returned, but they never checked it in. So I march myself downstairs ready to give them a piece of my mind and not my money. However, rather than blow up, I kindly asked them to remove the fine and they did! YAY! Here's me with all my books - so glad to be finished. All it needs is editing.
To reward myself, I joined my friends and headed here for a corn maze. It was so much fun, especially on the haunted corn maze at night. I would love to go again next year!
I also snuck in time to watch the Christmas classic - Christmas Vacation. I have no idea why, but I just felt like watching Christmas movies with snow in 80 degree weather.

Up High: Wacky Waco Weekend Again and HC and friend reunion!
Down Low: Less than four weeks until my portfolio's due.

1 comment:

darlene said...

Good lesson -- yelling rarely gets what you want. Being nice does.

Hope to see you this weekend at BU homecoming.