Friday, May 13, 2011

Fiestas, Hynms, and Bricks

For the record - I attempted to blog yesterday since it was Thursday. However, blogger decided to shut down and not let ANYONE post a comment, blog, or do anything except read. So that's why I'm blogging today. So there.
Last Thursday I gathered with some new-found friends to celebrate Cinco De Mayo! Ole! So much fun laughing with these girlies. Mrs. Aggie Riesel Educator was our wonderful host. Unfortunately I was unable to get a group picture - mostly because I forgot. But I did get one of Mrs. ARE, me, and Miss Excitable Lawyer in the Making (ELM). It was nice to have a relaxing weekend so I perused the library shelves for some good movies. I've been known to pick up random films and I don't discriminate against indie films. I saw Junebug since I've always enjoyed Amy Adams. It's an interesting one with more profanity that I'd prefer, but there's a scene that just about made me cry. Here's the clip - watch it and see if it doesn't just make you think you were back where you came from. It gets going around the 50sec mark. Another note about this clip is that because it was a low-budget indie film, they didn't record the singing in a studio. Nope, that's completely live and unmastered. I think that's why I love it so - it's very authentic and untouched.

Speaking of churches - I recently joined a church here. It's a little surprising considering how long it took me in FTW - but then again up there, there were numerous to consider and try and just wanted to visit. Some churches will give you a certificate, handshake, or letter. Not this church - they prefer a brick. Yes, a brick. Doesn't it just look odd? Oh well. I'm really enjoying the people in my small group and look forward to getting more involved with the church - as soon as I figure out where.

Up High: Six days until Roomie Reunion '11!!
Down Low: Trying to cram in my hours and paperwork before leaving

1 comment:

darlene said...

So happy you have found new friends and fun activities.