Friday, May 27, 2011

Florida Beaches, Texas Hail, and County Living

I know you're wanting to know why I didn't blog yesterday. And the reason: I have none. There's no reason why I didn't. I just figured I'd have more time today to do it. So here I am blogging - and don't worry there's a LOT to blog about this week. In case you didn't know, I just got back from a fabulous vacay to Florida. The same place I lived awhile ago. Crazy to think how much had changed - and sooo good to see friends/roomies. I got up in the middle of the night to head north to catch my flight. Miss Florida Beach Traveller picked me up We headed off to a quaint coffee shop snuggled in a pocket near downtown - but not before driving through my old 'hood (I do literally mean 'hood because it was so ghetto). So good to catch up with her since she finished up grad school with her internship in Nashvegas next year. Here's her with her birthday present since it was this week.We then headed to Miss Florida Beach Bum's home for dinner where Miss Florida Turkey Twin joined us! YAY! Saturday was spent meeting up with Mr. and Mrs. Florida Fitness Dancer and their little one - so cute! Loved seeing this great family - especially since I was privileged enough to attend their wedding when I lived in FL.
That night was Miss FBB and soon-to-be hubs of Miss FBB's engagement party. It was great to finally put a face to the names I've been hearing about for the past few years. I was glad, however, Miss. FTT was there since I only knew of the others, not really knew them. There was also this tasty almond lemon tea in beautiful stemware (my fav). Picture time!
The next morning we hurried out to the beaches to catch the later, more traditional service at Neptune with Miss FBB and fiancee in tow. For lunch we headed to The Loop - a local pizzeria and grill. Yet my joy soon came to a startling halt - where's my Dr Pepper?! *another reason I'm glad to be back in the Lone Star* That evening was probably the best one yet. After getting some gelato and gifts from Peterbrooke, Miss FBB and I headed back to the Beach for a lovely walk. *sigh* So relaxing. I will definitely treasure the conversations we had that night while walking on the beach/ocean. It brought back so many good memories of being there. (Yet I did remember why I don't like the sand since it seems to go everywhere!).
The next day I met up with some more friends - Miss Random Missionary Florida and Miss Spunky Florida Educator. That night we headed to Miss FTT's house for dinner. So great to see her again! In case you didn't notice, but Miss FBB and I did dress alike in that we wore fun, comfy, cotton dresses One last pic in the car before the water works started At lunch I picked up an extra sandwich for the plane and look what I found on the napkin So sweet!

With the storms in the area, I got stuck in one of the stops for a couple of house - it wasn't that bad in that we were on the ground and not circling like others. The worst part was that I had a lovely present waiting for me - btw my flight was to arrive at 9:30pm - we didn't land until 1:30am. The present? Hail. Hail damage to my car. *sigh* Praise God for insurance!

So I told this story to my mother and she laughed so much, I figured it should be blogged into history. Most of you know I live way out in the country and like it. Occasionally however, we have uninvited guests. I look out the back the other day and see a few cows closer than they should be. That's not a problem since it's happened in the past - only this time it was a herd - like 10-15! I then notice my 'thinks shes younger than she is' roommate out front yelling at the cows as they had mosy-ed their way to the front yard. In response to the yelling - they just stare back not really moving (I think they were thinking 'what the heck are you going to do about it). Meanwhile, I grab my shoes and venture out trying to them to get out of the yard as well. The two difficult ones finally leave when they see that I mean business and like meat. (of course the other one of us is a bigger red meat eater than I am but whatever) I then see another one on the other side of the trampoline who gets worried that I might just start eating it right away and jumps the fence in fear. Eventually they get rounded up and put back in their pen - but it was quite the adventured trying to get the cows out of the yard, especially since it was like a whole herd! Funny stuff. And who says county living isn't exciting?!

Up High: Three Day Weekend!!
Down Low: Still trying to catch up on sleep lost from my trip

1 comment:

darlene said...

What a fun and exciting week. So glad you can visit Florida and live in Texas (Waco area specifically). :-)