This past weekend, I headed north to Oklahoma to see my parents. And no trip is complete with seeing these little darlings. Sadly, the 'lil J was too busy and difficult to catch for a photo. I was only able to squeeze in a little photo with this cutie!
While in OK, I did some more 'crossing' off my list. And for the record, No, we did not plan the
patriotic-ness of this picture.
#30b - Visit my Parents twice
Last Friday as I was heading north on the never-ending I-35, I received a phone call from a wonderful person offering to take me to lunch at Kim's - as he knew it was on my list and yet to be crossed off yet. We postponed it to a week later and ate there earlier for lunch! Those hamburgers are tasty and the shakes are creamy! Thanks Uncle J!!
#25 - Eat at Kim's
Yesterday's kinda big day for me as I made a HUGE decision twenty years ago. It was the day I decided to start following Christ whole-heartedly. To celebrate this day, I rose early and headed to Cameron Park to watch the sunrise. Absolutely breath-taking as it overlooked the Brazos River. The sun rose from amongst the clouds and brought light to the dark world. While nothing can compare the sunrises over the Atlantic ocean, I'll take my Cameron Park sunrise!
#7 - See the sun rise in Cameron Park
So on my way home from work this past week, I did not make it. Rather, my car never made it.
See.
Deader than a door-nail, can't move an inch FLAT!
*sigh* I called my insurance company who called a guy to come change it for me. Funny thing is - I was about 500 yards from home. So close, yet so far. It's fixed now and I'm grateful it wasn't on a busy street. It was also my first flat in my car. Guess I can cross that off a list no one keeps tab of.
My list as of 9/14/12:
1) Visit a new
state (6/16/12
– Oregon)
2) Run a mile - This is in the works
3) Try something new in Swing
Dance (Dallas
Lindy – Jack n Jill Competition 6/1/12)
4) Visit
Independence [site of Baylor’s original campus]
(3/17/12
with Jen Lee)
5) Do 7 push-ups
6) Compete in a 5k
7) See the sunrise
in Cameron Park (9/13/12
at Cameron Park Clubhouse)
8) Dance in a Jam Circle (Buddy’s Big Band on 8/3/12)
9) Be part of a flashmob/lindybomb mob (Lindybombed at 3 Spoons –
4/9/12)
10) Take a photo
with a Baylor athlete (Photo with Mamadou Diene – 2/3/12)
11) Be successful at Tortilla Tossing (2/29/12)
12) Swim in the Brazos
River - This was recently rained out, but is still in the works
13) Have lunch at
Homestead Heritage (Farm to Table
Dinner 4/28/12)
14) Skype or
Facetime with Joel while he’s deployed (4/18/12)
15) Send a care
package to Joel (mailed
5/4/12)
16) Learn
a new piece of piano music
17) Ride in a limo
18) Drive a ‘Convertible
Sports Cars’ Ford Mustang (Drove 2012 Canary Yellow
Chevy Camero on 4/4/12)
19) Memorize 30 verses (Psalm 139:1-6; 2 Tim 1:7;
Eph 4:29-32; Phil 4:11b-13; Psalm 34:38; Exo 34:6; 1 Peter 4:10; Psalm 103:8;
Zeph 2:3; Mal 3:10; Psalm 16:8; John 10:10; 1 John 4:7-8; Rom 8:31; 1 Thes
4:18; Psalm 73:26; Hab 3:17-18; Zep 3:17; Rev 4:11; Rom 3:10-11; 1 Peter 3:18;
John 3:36; 1 Chron 29:11;; 1 Peter 5:10; Psalm 16:5-6; John 16:33; Phil 4:19;
Isaiah 43:2; Isaiah 12:2; Prov. 31:25)
20) Buy someone else’s
dinner without them knowing it
21) Have a picnic
lunch (Pecan
Bottoms Cameron Park 7/4/12)
22) Read 3 books – 1
fiction (Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate June
2012), 1 non-fiction (The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell Jan. 2012), 1 biography (Behind My Eyes by Tim
Tebow Jan. 2012)
23) Find a pair of
fun shoes (swing
dance shoes on 6/23/12)
24) Convince an
out-of-state friend to visit (Mrs.Okie Teachin' Hoosier from Indiana visited on 8/4/12)
25) Eat at Kim’s –
location of parent’s first date (9/14/12 with Uncle J)
26) Paint 2 more
canvas’ (Finished both on 3/31/12)
27) Make my favorite
OTB dish homemade – Chicken Empanadas (6/15/12 – Black & White Dinner Party)
28) Do something
random for my co-workers (left goody bag on 6/16/12)
29) Change my hair
– (Blonde
highlights & cut 6/1/12)
30) Visit my parents
at least twice –(Visit
#1 – April ‘12; Visit #2 – Sept ‘12)
Up High: October Baby Birthday Bonanza in works!
Down Low: Rain cooled off my Brazos River Swim plans. And of course the flat!
1 comment:
Fun times to see and hear how many things you have done from your list. Even if you don't complete anymore, I'm impressed.
Post a Comment