Friday, January 11, 2013

Rain Consequences, Tech Support, and Sunny Days

Since I posted earlier this week, I don't really have much to share.  Life is pretty much going steady.  But of course I have some funny happenings that have occurred.  
I don't know where you live, but 'round here it was raining all day Tuesday night, Wednesday, Wednesday night, and most of Thursday.  That's a LOT of rain.  And being as I live out in country, I do have to factor HUGE down pours of rain into my commute as the roads tend to flood.  So, Wednesday morning I woke up thinking it could be like this:
I left early and went slow.  PTL that only one portion had water over the road and the car in front of me pushed through it.  Or rather they swam through it.  Regardless, I made it safely to work and walked in the door and realized that I had left this:

at home.  *sigh*  I was so concerned about the roads and rain, I had forgotten to pick up my lunch and knew it was probably still sitting on the drainboard. fail.

We also got a new printer
I didn't think we necessarily needed a new one since the old worked so well.
However, the printer guy couldn't install the right drivers in my computer.  
I ended up calling our work IT and set up an appointment for this morning when they could work on it remotely.  
Mr. IT was very nice after talking with him on the phone I realized his voice sounded like someone else's.  Not in a creepy way.  But he sounded like this guy:
from A Walk to Remember.  Made me laugh the entire time since their voices were so similar   He was very kind and nice, and I almost told him about it.  But I decided it was probably a little unprofessional to do that.  So I kept my mouth shut and laughed about it with my co-worker.

With the rains from earlier this week, it's so nice to have a beautiful sunny day today!!

Up High: Seester & family headed to town and I'm headed to game (hopefully) with 'S', her brother, and her brother's mentor
Down Low: On call for the weekend


No comments: