Last weekend, my friends and I gathered for another night of Poker
But this time, the outcome was different. Because I won!! win!
Who thought I could win at poker?! I was pretty surprised to. Of course it helped that we weren't playing with real money. This time I was willing to take more risks, fold before it started, and stayed in to bluff people out. YAY!
As we get older, the gifts we wind up asking for tend to be of a more practical nature. Such as this past Christmas, I asked for these: Grey all-weather car mats to get in my car.
I had enjoyed them in my VW and realized I wanted some. Well, due to some back ordering, wrong shipping address, and other things, my Christmas gift arrived just last week.
You may notice that that is now what I had in mind. Upon further investigation, my wonderful parents told me that the boring rubber mats were no fun. And therefore, they wanted to liven up the gift. So they got me the Baylor car mats. Speechless and fits of laughter was my first response. Now, they made me smile and laugh as I know my parents wanted this is be full of love. I know fully embrace them and their hilarious nature of it. Maybe you just might be lucky to place your (Clean!) shoes on my oso-special mats.
Last night I got the privilege of going with Uncle P to the Baylor Alumni Awards Banquet. Who knew I'd end up rubbing elbows with members of the famed alums and influential people like former ambassadors, bank VPs, former Congressmen, multiple CEO's of large and small corporation Sic'em alums flinging their green and gold afar!
Up High: Potluck and game night tonight with four different church groups - this should be interesting!
Down Low: October Baby's Vday plans got cancelled - boo!




No comments:
Post a Comment