I think I say this every year, but it is really hard to believe that 2013 is already here. I thought 2012 was really good despite it holding unexpected twists and turns. I have no idea what to think of 2013. As of now, I have no big plans. I have no large unobtainable goals that I am working towards (other than my licensing). No big things happening, but I am still looking forward to 2013.
So the last weekend in December found me scrambling. I received a phone call from my little girl, 'S.' I had given her my number earlier in the year. I think she missed me so much (cue *aawwwww) that she called me and wanted to know when I was taking here to the zoo.
Since she was on the phone, I got her mom's permission and set the time for the following day. There was just one small problem.....I need someone to come with me. Now, you probably thinking
"That's no big deal."
"You know so many people."
"And you have family who lives in town."
Yes, it shouldn't be a big deal as I tend to know many people. But with the holidays, most might be out of town. After texting or calling up to seventeen people, I finally had one friend agree to come!! YAY!!!!
While the timing in the end didn't allow us to go to the zoo, I did get to spend some time with 'S' eating fro-yo and playing on the playground. YAY!
(Sorry, no pics on the blog allowed)
New Year's Eve was fairly quiet as Miss SLC and I spent time together saying goodbye to 2012 and hello to 2013.
New Year's Day, my friends and I got together for some
Black eyed peas,
Cabbage,
(which I turned into Asian Raman Cabbage Salad)
Oreo brownies,
and Poker
While we didn't bet any money, I also didn't lose any money. I may have lost my pride and any ability I have to bluff, but we had so much fun, we ended up playing for over seven hours!! Not a bad way to spend the first day of 2013. And yes mom, I did eat some black eyed peas. And cabbage.
Up High: Spending NYE and NYD with friends!
Down Low: Getting a crisis call (that wasn't really a crisis) smack in the middle of a training and everyone staring!





No comments:
Post a Comment