Saturday, February 21, 2015

New Year's Resolution 2015

I know.  I know.  It's been awhile since I've blogged.  And while I probably could review everything,  I'm not.  Ask me personally and I'll catch you up. 

So last year, Miss Swingin' Social Worker made a New Year's Resolution to make invite 26 people to dinner.  She'd make a homemade meal & serve it to them.   Some she'd know already, and the others she was just meeting.  I really liked this idea and thought about it all year.  Sadly, I don't think she completed it. 

This year, I wanted to make a similar goal/resolution.   Only I tried to be realistic with myself and make it obtainable for me.  So I set out for hosting 6 families from my church.  Varying in ages & situations.   I have 12 months to complete this task. 

Another reason I wanted to host families & broaden my scope at church, is to share my story & who I am with others.  Since Jan's death last summer, I have dearly missed that connection to my church family as a whole.  I want to engage conversations with other people who also might know a good Godly single man too.  Because I want to be married.  There I said it.  I do!  I'm looking & am willing to be setup.  (So if you reader know someone, tell me!) ;-)

So, I'm opening my home, life, & heart to six families.  Here it goes!

1 comment:

Kelli @ A Deeper Joy said...

Yay Leah!! You're back!! :) I just love you. Love your honesty! I think that sounds like a great goal for the year. You are such a great hostess and have such a giving heart. If I come across someone to set you up with, I'm totally doing it :) Love you, friend!