I know I'm writing on Sunday, but there's a rhyme to my reason, so read on. I found a gift awaiting my arrival at work today. One of my work environment's just built a new building that is secured from all areas. You must be allowed access to the building, and then buzzed back to the hallway. It's very safe but difficult and annoying if you don't have a keycard. I got mine this week!! YAY!
It makes me feel special. No longer do I have to borrow someone else's whenever we go outside, or have to ring the doorbell waiting to be buzzed in. YAY, I feel so official.
The little town I live in offers free movies downtown in the summer. Amidst all the hustle and bustle, the cool night air provides a beautiful setting among the tall towers of concrete jungle. My friends and I ventured down to capture the ambiance of it while taking in a free movie. It took me back to the days of apt. ministry when we'd offer free movie at night. This, of course, was a much bigger screen. I actually did enjoy it!
The reason I'm writing today is because tomorrow I shall be here:
That's right folks, Falls Creek!!! YAY!!!! I'm super duper uber excited!! My home church in E*town needed more sponsors after changing their date last minute. My work was gracious enough to let me off too. YAY YAY YAY!! With that being said, this also provides me an opportunity to cross off another item on my bucket list. I made one after the movie came out with various things I wish to accomplish or do before I 'kick the bucket.' One of them is being a sponsor at FC. I've been the camper (4yrs), staffer (3yrs), and missionary-in-residence (2yrs). Being a sponsor is the only thing I have yet to accomplish. So excited! And to answer you questions about practicum, I still have to come back for it. I'll leave on Tuesday after lunch and then return early Wednesday morning in time for Bible study. Hopefully I won't miss much!
Up High: Falls Creek!!!!!
Down Low: Driving back for practicum
1 comment:
You went to Falls Creek this week? I'm slightly jealous. I was going to be a sponsor but the week that my home church is going is when I'll be leaving for Maryland.
Post a Comment