Thurs: We headed north to our third state:Kansas (I'll tell you of the adventure there later) and crossed into Missouri after a leisurely lunch. Our final state was number #29 for me: Iowa! As we waited to pick up our fourth member of the group at the airport, the actor Pauley Shore walked by and commented to me about my sign I was holding.
Fri: Tour of state capital. That evening we had free tickets to the Iowa Cubs baseball team. See how it overlooks the state capital in the very back! Afterwards we walked about 12 blocks to the Arts Festival for music and art.
Sat: We went back to the Arts Festival and played games that afternoon before our big evening. The guys took us on a triple date with some others to a really nice restaurant. Here's a fun pic in front of the legendary cows across the street. After some karaoke singing, we called it a night.
The three girls all dressed up with the cows. Notice the beautiful blue midwestern sky, so pretty!
Sun: After church, Miss TST and I hit the road south. Just after our dinner in Wichita, we had a tire blow-out on the turnpike. We called my roadside assistance but they weren't fast enough, so we called the troopers. He changed it and we were back on the road before long. Good thing we could be taken care of at my parents!
Mon: We hit the road once more after a slight delay to getting new tires. One mile from exiting to take Miss TST home, we heard sirens but I thought they were going the opposite direction. Until I saw three cops in my rear view mirror and realized it was a chase! A car swerved behind me and then around me as well as a cop. Five more followed suit. CRAZY way to end our trip. Now, can you please get me off I-35?! I'll post more pics later.
High: Karaoke with the group
Low: Summer school starting back next week.
2 comments:
Leah, what wonderful memories! I'm glad you had a little vacation - you should have lots of fun during these carefree days (yeah, I know that college is not carefree).
Cute pictures! It's funny how I-35 is such a prevalent route. Colby and I have talked about how we just can't get away from it after living in Waco, San Antonio, and now Ft. Worth. Glad you are enjoying your summer!
Post a Comment