Monday, July 27, 2009

Sun-kissed sheets, Iron-pumping, and Odd colored pies

A tall stack of quarters can mean a variety of things to people. This week it meant laundry. You see, only twice in my life have I done laundry in a laundry mat....until this weekend. Normally I'm visiting family and they graciously let me use theirs. But I was unable to do it this time, so I settled for the laundry mat in my complex. Wanting to save money, I dried my sheets the way my great-grandmother did.... the sun-kissed way. They do smell familiar, though I have yet to place what the smell is from (other than the sun). This always makes me grateful for when I have my own washer/dryer and thankful for wonderful family who lets me use theirs. =)

Most of you know I'd do almost anything for ice cream - including selling my blood. I've been loading up on iron-rich foods (beef mostly) in order to give blood. Why? Because it's the annual pint for a pint.
Oh yes! I most definitely gave blood for free BlueBell ice cream! Who wouldn't like free ice cream, okay so you do have to give blood which some might consider that to be selling our own blood for something some might consider ridiculous. Oh well, did I mention how much I love ice cream!

So I was at Walmart Saturday when my roommate wanted me to make my infamous Limeade pie. Unsure of all my ingredients, we picked up what we thought we needed and headed home. Most of you know me and how I like to shake things up a bit at times. So I told her to pick a number between 1-4 and that'd be the color I'd make the pie. She picked red. Consequently, we are eating a lime pie that looks pink - similar to the pink lemonade pie, which can be confusing to eye and taste buds! I love it though! Makes life fun and interesting!


Up High: Ice cream! And my sister's moving into a house w/a pool - I hope she's ready for her extra housemate moving in soon *wink, wink*
Down Low: The impending research paper due soon... Yikes!

1 comment:

darlene said...

Donating blood is always a GREAT thing -- ice cream is a reward. Selling blood means you get cash -- not a good thing.

Love your posts. Come on down and wash you clothes anytime. We don't have a pool but you can play in the sprinkler or go on the boat with us. :-)