Monday, August 3, 2009

So I'm procrastinating. . .

So I'm procrastinating. I know, but I can't help it, or just don't want to. So instead of writing the first of two papers due this week, I'm blogging!

Exciting news for me was I am now officially logging counseling hours! YAY! Before I graduate I must log 300 hours with 100 of them being face-to-face with the client. Without indulging too much, I can say I logged my first intake which is 1/2 hr. Now all I need is 299.5 hrs to go! HA! It's exciting to finally being able to go swimming. Yes, I still have my lifevest on, but no longer am I wading in the water, I'm swimming! Hopefully between my three semester practicum and three month internship, I can log enough hours which will qualify me for licensure.

In other news, I got to hang out with these two cuties

With Anna moving, I took these two to Paradise Pond and let them run wild for a few hours - notice the sweaty faces from jumping in the bounce house. We then played dress up for awhile before the enticement of the slide proved to be too much and had to go play.

With Anna's new house comes a swimming pool! YAY! So I went over to attend Jenny & Brenner's party with Anna and of course I had to test out their pool to make sure it was safe for the boys. =) I think they've been swimming at least twice since they moved in which makes me jealous as I'm stuck indoors writing papers. blah! I keep asking them when they want me to house-sit but they keep ignore that suggestion. - BTW, did I mention Friday was A&D's 10th anniv? I remember that day waking up to my sister jumping on my bed screaming "the bride is indestructible" all the while hitting me with a pillow. I wanted to punch her, but was refrained by my mother.

Up High: Swimming in Anna's pool
Down Low: yep, you guessed right - my stupid class - I have 2 quizzes, 2 papers, 1 final all this week w/ research paper due next week. AH!

2 comments:

darlene said...

Leah -- always good to hear what you are doing. The boys are cute and I'm sure they need more auntie time so why wait to house-sit? Just drop by with your swimsuit on and a towel in hand. :-)

Jenny said...

So happy you came to the shower! Just posted a cute pic of the 3 of us and B. I am laughing at the wedding memory. 10 years!! 10 years ago was a very busy time for many of us. Can't believe it's been 10 years.
You are a good aunt to help out your sister. I'm sure JD and D LOVE spending time with you!