Monday, September 21, 2009

Friends, Weddings, and teachers

This past weekend I headed south for another fun excursion. I stopped to see my 'ol college roommate who is 8 month preggers w/her 2nd! Crazy! Then I headed further south to see my pregger cousin, LA who is also adding to the special month of October. Everyone knows October birthdays are the best! =)


Note the photo we did take is not the one above b/c I forgot my camera this weekend. She's the one on the far right in purple dress - she was so cute!! This was taken back in May at Aaron & Caroline's Wedding. This is all five Hutch grand-daughters & in-laws! I also got to hang out with Jenny and her four boys (good thing you had another boy or else you'd have to change your blog title). I also ran into Jen while down south which is always a laugh!

This lady got married on Saturday which spurred this excursion in the first place

Fun to see her and some other BU ppl I hadn't seen since I graduated. Since there's no camera, a pic from HC-08 will have to do for now.

Last week my work asked me to work more hours because the school needed me more. Thinking I'd just be making copies and helping with classwork, I said sure to three more hours. Little did I know! I am now teaching Bible and History to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders. I think my father would be so proud but I'm terrified. Now, it is only to a group of about nine, but it's overwhelming when I'm not really a teacher. Needless to say, fun times ahead this semester! HA!

Up High: Seeing friends and family while also getting out of the concrete jungle
Down Low: haven't finished reading for the test on Friday - whoops!

2 comments:

Aunt Kathryn said...

Leah Love the photo. You all looked beautiful at the wedding. THe kids are lucky to have you for a teacher. You'll be great!

darlene said...

Great to see you while you were at Cloverland. You will be a great teacher -- Kathryn is right!