Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Burned smell, cakes, and fingers

Last week I got burned. It started off Tuesday evening coming home to the smell of gas. It smelt extra bad so we called security to come check it out. They knock on the front door, but the smell was coming from the back outside. When I invited them to come in, they kinda just stopped and stared. Remember how last week we had decorated for Christmas. That's what they were snickering about. Punks! Nothing was found and I went to sleep.

Two of my friends were having birthday this past Sunday and Monday. I wanted to make them a cake since I was missing both birthdays. I decided to use my mad cake baking skills and do a double layer cake - b/c I'm that awesome. Well, I have a small 3/4 oven. And in order for the cakes to not be overdone or overcooked on one, I switch them around in the oven half-way through the cooking. Big mistake. When I went to switch it, I accidentally tipped it enough to spill it all over the oven. Dang it! I kept cooking the other pan while figuring what to do next. Opening the doors and lighting candles kept part of the burnt smell away, but not all of it. Now came the dilemma of do I make one double layer cake for one friend and one single layer for the other. Or make one triple or buy another mix & eggs to make another? *Sigh* To make a long story short, I ended up making a single layer for each with lots of frosting. Here's their picture:

Miss Merry Georgia Peach


Me and Miss Galloping Georgia


Between the cake fiasco's, I was feverishly making my costume for my OT skit. Instead of taking my final, my prof said we could make up our own alternative assignment. My friend and I choose to perform a skit which led to me cutting out over 90 leaves! While most of them were pinned, I was hot gluing a few when I burnt my finger w/the glue. OWW!! It blistered about a 2cm across on my middle finger. Ouch! The skit ended up going well which I hoped has earned me an A.

Sunday I drove up to E*town as I have the entire week off, YAY! Monday, we trekked up to Enid to visit the oh-so-adorable Chelsea! Joel met us for lunch before taking us out to look at his plane!

Joel & Chelsea

Joel & John

Joel & Drew


Up High: Having a Tuesday off !!!!! YAY!!! Whatever shall I do w/myself!?
Down Low: Reading that's due when I get back and must be done now!

No comments: