Monday, November 16, 2009

Standing Alone, Christimas Trees, Heart-stopping Games

I finished my papers earlier last week and were successfully turned in. However, Tuesday afternoon I get a call from my co-therapist saying he may not make it to practicum tonight. So I mentally start preparing for tonight in that I COULD be leading alone. Well, thirty minutes before class started, I got the confirmation he was NOT going to be there. That meant leading all by myself. Oh boy!! My wonderful family got a phone blast to pray which they did. God helped calm nerves and I was able to do my first counseling session alone. It was almost a sink or swim kind of night. I didn't necessarily swim laps, but I wasn't sinking the entire time. It was getting me ready for my internship this summer!

Thursday evening some friends and I decided to go ahead and decorate.
This is me and my two newest ornaments gathered this past year in Iowa and Indiana commemorating my trips there.

My parents got me the wise men for my birthday to add to my collection of my Willow Tree Nativity

And here's the three of us with the tree and nativity scene. YAY!!

Saturday night I got a phone call my cousin wanting me to come down to the Baylor basketball game Sunday. YAY for wonderful aunts/uncles who'll give me their tickets to the game and parking pass! We were behind for most of it but with 2 mins left we tied. We'd score and they'd answer as the clock winded down. Then, the Edmond produce Udoh shot the ball at the buzzer and scored!! A heart-stopping basket that won the game! Sic'em!

Up High: Definitely the buzzer-winning point from yesterday!
Down Low: stats test tomorrow and OT presentation Thursday

1 comment:

darlene said...

Leah, I love the Willow tree nativity set. What a wonderful collection (and your parents know what to get for birthdays).

So glad you could make a quick trip to Waco. I know that Jenny loved being at the game with you while the boys and I had fun at home. Otherwise we would have been corraling 3 boys and trying to watch a game --- not sure we would have made it to the 1st timeout. :-)