Monday, November 30, 2009

Football Family, Shopping Family, and Lack of Power

It's been a crazy week! I must say I enjoyed watching my fav tv shows *gasp* LIVE Tuesday night since I was in OKC!! My mom made a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner where my grandmother, my brother, Christy, Chelsea (cutest little one ever), Christy's parents & grandmother were all over. Of course Joel had to break out the football as to start practicing for the 3rd annual Cloverland Bowl. He apparently didn't want to be embarrassed by the GAG's thus practicing should commence of throwing and catching the football.
For some reason, my dad convinced me to get up at the crack of down, say 4am,

to get in line at Sam's for sales. After picking up his new tv and a free hot breakfast, we headed over to
href="http://brookfieldroofing.com/brookfieldroofing.com/Files/Image/lowes_lbst_logo_432x239.jpg">
Lowe's to wait in yet another line for a 6am opening. We hustled over to

Staples to catch more deals where the lines were the longest, about 10-13 deep. Their lines cost us the opening of

Mardel's at 7am where my CD was gone. I raced towards the back to find it and scooped up the last one before making our last stop at
Starbucks for a Caramel Brulee Latte. Don't be deceived, it's not that great, too sweet for me! After gathering my mother and grandmother, we shopped at the BX (sorry no pic),

Kohl's,

Walmart,

and Ross before heading home exhausted.

Saturday we got up early for a birthday party in D-town for a special cutie. Then A+D, my parents and I all headed to Jerryworld for the Baylor-Tech game. That screen is freaking huge!!
Despite our nosebleed seats, we still saw the game. If only we could have ended up the game in the first half *sigh*. At least we scored, right? My parents stayed with me and after finally getting home around 11ish, we blew a fuse at my apt. No biggie but it kept tripping. Maintenance said they won't be out until Monday, so the lack of electricity in my bedroom and bathroom would wait. Well, I waited and waited and waited. After three calls, one visit to the housing office, and an email to the VP of students, they finally showed up around 3:30pm. I think the email helped a lot. The run around was frustrating and annoying especially since I was WITHOUT POWER!!!!! C'mon people!! I should have been first on the list. Anyway, I have full power back and am grateful for it.

Up High: I bought 75% of Christmas gifts on Friday!
Down Low: Stats test in T minus 9 days.

1 comment:

darlene said...

Leah, what a fun weekend. Sorry I missed seeing you at Jerry World but it was an experience!

Practicing for Cloverland Bowl -- now others will think they need to do the same. Hopefully we won't have injuries before the game begins. :-)