Monday, November 9, 2009

Paper, Paper, Test

Can't write much right now - should be writing my research paper instead. I just wanted to say how grateful I am for my family. My parents loaned me their car. After my sister picked my car up from the repair shop, she met me half-way to switch cars. That way my parents red roller skate could be at her house and I didn't have to worry about getting it my mom. In the process my fabulous sister left me a present. . .
She left me a giftcard to my fav happy hour place - awwww!! She's the best!

Up High: Sonic gift card from Anna
Down Low: two tests down, one paper just about done, one paper needing work, 1 test, 1 presentation - all before Thanksgiving!

*EDIT* I had a hot date tonight with Mr. Roberts. I know I know, you might think I'm cheating on Mr. Moody and Jones, but this guy is closer. Writing a research paper is no fun! Especially if it's due this week - oops!

My prof is making us use at least 12 sources for a 5 page paper with 75% of the sources being in the past 20 years. Do you know how hard that is? But I was able to do it, but I did have one dating back to 1854 - funny thing about that one is it's a donation from Baylor HA!
Here's a funny anecdote for ya - so I choose my table because it was relatively close to the wallplug but far enough from people. (must write in quiet settings) Well, when my laptop battery got low, I realized the cord wouldn't reach. Since I was already set up, I hated to all my books over - they were open to the specific spot too. So, I moved the tables! I pushed one back closer to another guy, and pulled my table closer to the outlet leaving a little space between the tables. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Needless to say it worked and no one has complained yet. Hmmm.. I wonder how long it'll stay like this - must investigate next semester....maybe. That's all for now!

3 comments:

darlene said...

Leah -- that's a cute picture of you and a funny story about moving tables in the library. Proud of you girl. Keep it up (school work, not just rearranging furniture) :-)

Anna and the boys said...

You deserved something to go right for you last week! I impressed your breaking rules by moving the furniture!

Aunt Kathryn said...

Does your daddy know that you moved the furniture? Sorry for your crummy week. Hangeth in there!