Monday, December 28, 2009

Football, Family, and Free Labor

Christmas was fabulous! The football practice on Thanksgiving paid off as within five minutes on the field during the Cloverland bowl, I caught the kick-off and ran it back a few yards. Made my brother and father proud! It was a beautiful day and with everyone else cameras around their neck, mine was left in my bag. Therefore, I don't have any pictures.
The warm 60+ weather was perfect but the rain brought in a chilling wind. Snow blew in the 40 mile wing as we headed even further south to Saledo!

What's a Christmas without a pagent with costumes!


This little cutie won my heart the entire week!


My mom and her girls! The pink ladies!


Hearing of the snow/ice storm everything north of Dallas, we slowly made our way north. A few snow and ice patches were found in the dfw area. I decided to head north to OKC - which may not have been the brightest idea. While 35 was mostly clear, the neighborhood was mostly ice and white. Our backyard had 6-8 in of snow. This morning my father enlisted me to help shovel the driveway. What?! I didn't get to enjoy my vacation but have to shovel snow? Oh well.

Up High: No work, school, or practicum for an entire week!
Down Low: More snow this week means possible cabin fever!

1 comment:

darlene said...

Leah, enjoy the time away from school --- even if it is spent shoveling snow.