Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Studying, Partying, and Celebrating

I told you I'd have pics so here they are with stories to go along. Last week my roommate and I studied hard for our first final. We thought the library would motivate us more:

We kicked our final to the curb Friday morning. Later that evening I gave Mel her birthday cake (I'm a baker extraordinaire, ya know).


We then headed to the campus-wide party @ the president's home. Yes, mom I did behave myself and tried not too hard to embarrass the family. Here's the only pic I took of the evening of us in front of the tree:


The rest of the weekend was spent studying for the STUPID stats final. I loathe that class with a passion. Four of us have spent countless hours studying together throughout the semester. So after our final this morning, we all came to my apt for a little celebration:*Please note it is sparkling grape juice (I don't want to be kicked out of school, now)* And don't mind my lack of dressiness, it was an 8am final.
Me, Miss Florida Beach Bum, and Miss Galloping Georgia


Miss Merry Georgia Peach, me and Miss FBB


Cheers!


Me in my special birthday glass


What?! All gone?!

It still is unreal for me to be done with this semester but I'm VERY glad. Thanks for your prayers as this time I didn't cry in my final ( I kinda did that last semester). YAY! Oh and Monday's my interview in Waco for the summer internship! And of course you know this now makes it officially a year until I graduate!! AHHH!! 12/10/10 @10am!

Up High: Special celebratory dinner that includes dressing up - pics to come next week
Down Low: Horrible day at work - which stinks even more because I wasn't supposed to work due to final. But since it got moved, I opted to work. Now, I wish I had just kept me off the schedule!

2 comments:

darlene said...

Leah - you have a wonderful and sensible outlook on life! Keep up the good work.

I'll leave it to others to comment on your text book that you are proudly displaying. :-)

Aunt Kathryn said...

Leah, SO happy you made it through and my daughter hates her stats class also. Looks like you had fun celebrating.