Here's us at dinner:
Then I, being the cake-baker I am, made her a cake. Notice the square cake bottom layer with a 'C' on top which I carved out. I'm pretty proud of my mad cake skills, I must say.
Miss Florida Beach Bum loves surprises so I knew she needed more than what I had planned for her actual birthday. So, I played off her birthday as this was all that was going to happen. While really I was planning a surprise party. Yesterday, we went to lunch like normal (or so she thought) while I had secretly given my keys to my friend Miss Merry Georgia Peach, my accomplice, who played hostess at my apt. Miss FBB walks in and jumps back a few feet when she found all her friends in our apt waiting for her. So fun!!
Mrs Mississippi Southern Belle, Mrs Lubbock Coat Lover, Miss MGP, Miss Galloping Georgia, Miss FBB, Miss Florida Sunshine, and me (sadly my camera quit working after this)
We then pulled out her fav cake (carvel ice cream cake) and sang to her. But the party didn't end there.
We took her to a roller skating rink.

Wow! Memories started coming back to me as I strapped on and laced up my tacky brown skates. Crystal Palace was the place for birthday parties growing up (including my 8th bday). It was so much fun and VERY tiring. I think about the five of us who did skate were exhausted and blistered. It was fun being goofy and not caring what other people thought. I am very proud to say I did not fall at all!
Up High: Bears beat my least fav team!! by 30 pts!! And now they're ranked!!!
Down Low: school starts agian this week - sigh, one year left!
2 comments:
What a good friend you have and are. Sounds like a great time.
Leah, what fun! GO BEARS!
Post a Comment