Monday, January 25, 2010

The Good, the Bad, the really Ugly

The Good: My roommate and I signed up for a Sam's Club membership! Fun! Because we're in school, they gave us a gift card making the price much smaller!

Here's what the back looks like! So fun!

The Bad: It wasn't that bad, but I did have to 2-3 hour training session for both of my works this past week from abuse to art. They were interesting and at times boring. At least I got paid for it! And I should get used to these Continuing Education classes as my profession will need them as well.

The really Ugly: Tuesday morning I received some bad news. You can read the article here. It is very sad to hear of the possibility of them shutting us down. For know, alumni and students have started a letter campaign urging the trustees to not approve. It's very sad for many of us especially the professors as they too were blind-sided by the news only days before it went public. I would not be in this program if they weren't able to license. For now, we write letters and pray.
**Note - I am still able to finish the program and take the classes needed for licensure. However, it would devalue my degree if the program no longer exists in the future. After this semester, I only 12 hours left - nine hours is counseling classes. Things are not finalized yet.

Up High: My mom's bday on Sunday!
Down Low: the news from this past week

No comments: