Thursday I woke up early to go session plan w/my co-therapist when my roommate wakes me in gleeful cheers. Not only had they cancelled school, but the once brownish grass outside my window, had turned a magical tone of pearl in six short hours. Snow was constantly falling turning the city into a winter wonderland. Cautiously, I drove to work as they were still open. When I got home, I took some pics:
Looking onto street
Looking from street to my tri-plex
Me in my pretty blue coat outside my apt
They cancelled school & work Friday due to the white-out condition. So pretty and great sleeping weather! Unfortunately, two things I had planned for Thurs & Fri night included items only obtained from school offices - which were closed - sad! Which btw it doesn't help when you're shoveling snow off your car and worrying about temps & your mom texts you saying she's sweating on the beaches of Hawaii wanting you to feel sorry for her which you're obviously NOT! Hmph!
My friend Miss Ark-Homa Missionary made plans at Christmas to have a campus visit this weekend. The same weekend the snow came. Oh dear! We tried to compensate for somethings being cancelled. I showed her around what I could in the snow/ice. We did eat at a local burger joint we hadn't tried before, Tommy's. Pretty good, but I honestly think Jake's is better.
Here we are at lunch - and NO, we didn't plan to match, it just happened that way!
Up High: Waco Weekend this weekend - 5 of us headed south for an adventure to keep Waco Wacko!
Down Low: Lots of school work to catch up on!!
2 comments:
Leah, I always love the alliterations and reading your blog. The snow pics are so fun -- wish we had more in Waco but only for a day or 2 and then it MELTS, no shoveling required. :-)
Hey girl! I didn't know you had a blog. I just started about a week ago, but I have to admit that I'm hooked! Hope things are going well and we can see each other again soon.
Post a Comment