Monday, February 22, 2010

Wacky Waco Weekend

Oh what a weekend it was in Waco! Five of us headed down to enjoy some baseball, local food, and hot spots. It all started with the Baylor-Georgia game on Friday. Miss Merry Georgia Peach, Miss Liberty African Twin, and I bundled up on the burm where we sat enjoying the ballgame.
Miss MGP in her alma mater blanket, and I in supporting my team in my blanket

We warmed up with chips and salsa at La Fiesta before heading back to Cloverland. The next morning we got up to meet Miss Florida Beach Bum and Miss Florida Turkey Twin at the bear pit where I gave them a tour of the campus.
Climbing into Judge Baylor's lap is a must for Miss LAT, Miss FTT, and Miss FBB.

A Health Camp burger is a must stop when visiting Waco for first-timers! Yum!


We said good-bye to Miss MGP as she needed to go back to the 'city' while we stopped to take pics of the Castle house off Austin Ave


Of course I, being the good contributing member of society, voted in the primaries since I was in town!


We headed to Spice for some shopping before grabbing a tour at the Dr Pepper Museum.
Miss FTT, Miss FBB, Miss LAT, and me


Exhausted, we headed back to Cloverland to make some burritos with Granny. Sadly no pics were taken of the process. Afterwards, we walked off our dinner down the dirt road laughing and talking! We think we saw a coyote, but it was dark. The next morning we visited UBC where Crowder happened to be too. YAY!
Since it was a beautiful, warm, sunny day we sat on the burm again. The sun was gleaming right over us. For future references, when some says 'heads up', take heed and look up for where the ball is coming! Currently I'm nursing a large bruise on my leg. Yep, I got hit with a foul ball. And that HURTS!! OWWWW!! I laughed then and am still laughing now b/c it WOULD happen to me! Reminds me of the days of softball and being the catcher. Overall the weekend was fun. Baylor won a game and lost one, but my bears still made me proud!!
Here me, Miss FTT, Miss FBB, and Miss LAT in a fun artistic pic.


Up High: the entire weekend!!
Down Low: coming back to reality after the weekend was over - so not fun!

4 comments:

Aunt Kathryn said...

Loved your pictures...sounds like you and friends had fun Waco time. Cant believe you got hit with a ball. Oh well, you made a memory. Mark loves David Crowder.

darlene said...

Glad the weekend was fun -- come back real soon and do it all again!

Jenny said...

You sure packed in a lot! Fun to meet your friends. You forget to mention dancing when Baylor scored and getting some time on the big TV screen!

Leah said...

Yes I did get some tv time during both games. On Sun, I actually did a sic'em bears on screen while the relief pitcher warmed up. We did jam pack our weekend and hated returning to reality & cold weather. Hopefully, we'll do even more things this summer!