Monday, September 27, 2010

Papers, Slides, and Grocery Stores

I have been writing papers like a mad woman all semester since it started a mere four weeks ago. This last week I actually got a break - but had a test to take instead. This week I make up for lost time as I'm attempting a world record for me - writing a research paper seven weeks before it's due. That's right folks, it's not due till November, but my goal was for a rough draft by Sept 30 - I'm currently in the library trying to achieve that goal after spending my Sat here too. Yuck!

Remember last April and the slide? A new co-worker of mine was curious and wanted to slide down since she saw it was open. Not wanting to go alone, she asked if I would join her. Of course, I couldn't and wouldn't let her slide down all by herself now could I?
Some of you might know I really really REALLY love this one grocery store. I like what it supports and love the selection I find. Being in the metro-plex, there are no HEB's....until now. I found out earlier last week, the grand opening was Friday. So, I drove the 20-30min south (b/c it's not really in the fort), fought the crowds, waited patiently for a parking spot, tried not to get run over by carts, and was thrilled to visit H-E-B!

High: Love cold mornings mixed w/warm afternoons!
Low: Writing these papers this week & weekend

1 comment:

darlene said...

Leah -- so proud of you for getting the paper written early. It will be more fun in Oct and Nov if the paper is finished. :-)

Love the slide and am so glad you have an HEB a little closer to your home. Move on back to Cloverland where we have lots of HEBs within 30 minutes driving distance.