Monday, January 24, 2011

Basketball, Family Stories, and Interviews

As you know last week, I went to the Baylor-Kansas basketball game...if only the team had shown up. The cool part was it was basically a sell-out crowd. I ended up sitting near two of the 35 NBA scouts. It was interesting to hear some of their stories.
Since Mrs. Jubilant Boy Mom came down with her darling brother (we miss you Mrs. Enchanting Girl Mom). We headed to the double header with their dad/my uncle J. It was lots of laughs regarding their childhood memories including one of the car horn blasting in the middle of the night while they were out of town. We actually won both games despite being a little too close for comfort at times.
In case you didn't know, I had a job interview earlier today. I was really nervous, but it was nice not having to worry about what to wear because of this. While this is the photo taken after I received the clothes, I did not wear my red shoes today since they don't really match (but don't tell the people who paid for them)/ I think it went alright, but I have no idea if I got the job or not. Hopefully I will know something by next week. I'm still praying about it and I appreciate all y'alls prayers for me!

Up High: Job interview and basketball games
Down Low: The nerve racking interview when my mouth went completely dry

3 comments:

darlene said...

you look fabulous and I'm sure you were wonderful. If they don't hire you, it's their loss and God's plan. :-)

Glad you could join the happy group on Saturday. I heard there was plenty of laughter along with lots of basketball.

Aunt Kathryn said...

I have been praying and will continue to pray about your job. In the meantime, Im glad you can be entertained.

Joanna said...

You look great! Big prayers for the job hunt- know you will be fabulous in whatever you do!