Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Driving Miss Daisy, 2nd Interviews, Churches

This past week was somewhat adventurous. My roommate wanted to go to a doctor's appointment in a small town about an hour away. Back roads with bright sunshine made it a beautiful day. This small town was our destination - hard to believe we left the big city for a small-town doc - must be worth it!
Last Tuesday, I got a phone call from the same place asking me for a second interview. While at first I was excited about it, but then reality sank in as I realized I know how to figure out what to wear. Last week I wore my scholarship outfit, this time I had to piece one together by myself! Why couldn't they have purchased me two outfits?! Just kidding, I am very grateful for the outfit I did get. This time I went with my classic look. I wore this one for my practicum and internship interviews. I later heard back from them that day asking for some paperwork to be signed. I finally completed that this morning. Nothings been said about it a contact and I don't want to count my eggs before they're hatched.
Most of y'all know it's been an adjustment getting back to the swing of things here - especially with finding a church. I'm in a weird stage of life where churches don't know what to do with me. I've been attending a local church that I thought I wanted to go to, but it's been a horrible experience. I felt really out of place. Despite even trying a SS class for people my age, no one was really friendly to me. I decided to try another church this past weekend, and it was a whole lot better. They were super friendly and kind and actually noticed I was visiting (whereas before no one said a word to me). We'll see what happens in the future, I might still try another church in the area. For now, I'm counting my blessings of a possible church.

Up High: Two interviews with company and no rejection yet
Down Low: Cold weather - I'm not a fan of sub-freezing weather

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yeah for 2nd interviews! Your outfit is super cute! Sorry about the church shopping experience. Some people are just dumb and too caught up in themselves to step out and meet new people.

Aunt Kathryn said...

Still thinking of you and this 2nd interview...keep us posted. Totally agree with Jenny about your church experience. They missed out on missing a wonderful person!