I turned in everything Thursday and appreciated being out of the house. However, the next morning I woke up to this:
So in case you don't know, I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!! YAY!!! Praise the Lord!!!! And I started today!! WHAT?!?! So exciting and nerve-wracking. Best part is: I get my very own office. Um, yes please! This also means I now have to decorate my very blank walls. Anyone wanting to help is WELCOME! I'm planning on hanging my diplomas on the wall and my license once I get it. I also have to go dig my books out of storage since I have a place to display them. So much to do! AHH!! I'm really excited and enjoy working with the other people in the office. It's only four of us plus two interns. We're a satellite office based out of Round Rock so there will be trips there occasionally. I'm working at a Counseling center that provides free counseling to at-risk youth, families, and children. We have a contract with the state for it. It's excited and overwhelming at times as I have so much to learn. For now, I'm trying to figure out the best ways to decorate - putting lots of personal pics is not always ideal, but soothing tones are a plus. I forgot to take a pic of the office, but I will before decorating will commence. I figure it'll take awhile before it looks like I want it to. I'm very grateful for this opportunity! While it wasn't the first job I applied for, it's where God wants me right now. So, for now that's all I have. Even though I've held a couple of jobs since college, I think this is definitely my most grown up. While I had a desk in Florida, it was a room shared with up to three people, so having an office I can decorate to myself is exciting!
Up High:I GOT A JOB!!
Down Low: Real world adventure begins
I might be changing my post date in the near future till another day of the week as Monday's may be too much for me.
3 comments:
WOOHOO!!!
Awesome!!! So happy for you...now lets have a piece of that pie to celebrate
First let me say -- the pie was beautiful and delicious!
Great news about the job. Come next door and see what we have that may help decorate the office.
We are so proud of you and happy you will remain in Waco so you get to continue saying "Go Bears!" in person at the games.
Post a Comment