Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mani's, Wedding, and Certificates

First I want to clarify why I'm blogging in the middle of the day - no, I'm not playing hooky. I will log over 40 hours with tomorrow holiday - so to compensate it, I'm taking a few hours off in the middle of the day before heading back this afternoon to see some more client.
Friday, I treated myself to a manicure. It's something I've been meaning to get every since I started my job and last week seemed to be the perfect week with the wedding in town and my nails actually being long.Almost a week later - the paint's already chipping - sad!

The wedding was beautiful and fun. I loved being the fam all weekend long. The happy couple: Ma familia with beautiful Pat Neff and Judge in the background We started the baylor indoctrination early but the bears were not cooperating very well as both Lady and Joy slept while we were there!

Tuesday, I received the news I have been waiting a LONG time for: This little piece of paper is my official license. YAY! So excited and happy about it! I've worked long and hard trying to reach my goal and here I am. Now, I only have1,496 hours to go. That night I celebrated Miss FBB style - sparkling grape juice (and yes G made toasts, or was it roasts again) ;-)

Up High: Holiday Tomorrow!
Down Low: Crisis phone duty all weekend

3 comments:

darlene said...

Sorry I missed the roast. We are so proud of you. Glad you enjoyed the weekend. Best Wishes to the newlyweds.

Aunt Kathryn said...

Thanks for the update and I am also SO very proud of you. You're grandma was one beautiful bride! So happy the family could all be together.

Jenny said...

A tip to keep the mani- take your own polish. Then when it chips you have the polish to correct it. It will make your mani last longer.

Congrats on the certification and wedding. Your grandmother is a beautiful bride. I'm sure you all had a great time being together!