Thursday, June 2, 2011

Church Flashbacks, Live Music, and Foolish Pain

*WARNING* This post includes a picture that is not for the weak-hearted. You have officially been fair-warned*So this past weekend I had quite a flashback. I found myself walking into this: Do you recognize it? If you don't - you're not the only one. It's changed quite a bit over the past 12 years since I was last here. It's the same church my sister got married in. I was attending a wedding and flashbacked to that VERY hot day in July. I guess it didn't help that we were in another heat wave in the high 90's. Good times, good times.
So last night I went out to enjoy some fresh, live music in a beautiful setting Fun, right? Oh yeah! YAY for live music. We enjoyed it so much, I decided to swing to some of the songs. It's a good idea in theory - dancing to live music. But it didn't turn out so.
Look closely: That's brick. The rough kind. Since I didn't want to ruin my dance shoes, I choose what I thought would be good, flats. Well, I kinda forgot they were a little big so they kept coming off during the first song. I tossed them aside and kept on. BIG mistake! See the thing with swing dancing, is that it's very fast, upbeat, and constant movement and lots of spins(I normally do really well and fast b/c of the shoes). Last night was the exception. I noticed some discomfort and pain after the first but I kept going b/c it was fun, right? When I got home, this is what I noticed EWWWW - and yes that's blood blister according to dr. me. Notice it's about the size of two quarters. While it in of itself isn't that bad, it's the face that it's on the ball of my foot that makes it so bad. I have to walk on my feet - I'm not an ape and can use hands. So I bandaged it up this morning: And found a pair of shoes that'll be work appropriate - b/c tennis shoes for some reason don't look with skirts. No need to scare my clients.Needless to say I've been hobbling around all day trying not to put pressure on the blister to avoid breakage. *sigh* Oh and to make matters worse last night, I ended up stepping on my dance partners foot at the 'dip'. I like to think I'm a somewhat of a good dancer and have never really stepped on his feet (unlike some partners I've had). Last night was just NOT my night. At least it's my left foot and not the right one, right?

Up High: I spend the weekend with Miss E!
Down Low: My foot pain.

1 comment:

darlene said...

Fun, fun, fun -- just wear shoes next time. :-)