Friday, November 11, 2011

Homcoming Shanningans and more

Last weekend was probably one of my most anticipated weekend of the year outside of federal holidays like Christmas. Baylor Homecoming! Love it! Earlier in the week though I had a dilemma of whether to go swing dancing with a live band or go to the bonfire alone (my immediate fam *ahem* were not coming). I only say that because the few times my family has come for HC was while I was in Florida. They have not been back since - I hope they aren't trying to avoid me. ;-) Anyway, upon hearing Miss ASQ has NEVER been to HC, I was about ready to revoke her diploma. Really? So, we convinced Mr. EAN to cancel swing and enjoy his first Baylor HC bonfire (or campfire as he called it). Then Mr. PSG joined us because he too had never participated in the HC activities. Seriously people?! Do you live under a rock? I love this holiday! We decided to make an evening of it and live it up local style. Miss ETB joined us in time for dinner at the very crowded Mama Baris' before we headed to the bonfire. Sadly, we missed the band walking in - obviously one of my fav parts, mom! ;-)
We took lots of pics as you can see.

Each one was by a different person. How could someone knowingly cut someone out of a pic?
 
  
  

Here's our fav - notice the couple in the background! HA! 
After grabbing some coffee from a local joint, we snuck over to the Waco Gorilla and said hello! 
 The next morning I joined Boerne fam for the parade and ran into these fabulous people!
Mrs. TA!

  Our photographer, Mr. TA had to have a pic too
 I love this girl!
  And then a mini-Stufu reunion!
 It was a really fun weekend and I loved introducing my fav holiday Baylor Homecoming to first timers.  It's like I did this last year or something....

PS - Because it's 11/11/11, I also wish to say thank you to my favorite vets - my Papaw, my Pappy, my Uncle J, my Uncle P, and of course my Daddy-o and.......um.....um...was there someone else?  J/k, I love you too Doddle and am grateful for all that these men have done.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Up High: I get to wear my new headband this weekend!
Down Low: Loud, obnixious blowers and being kicked out of bathroom make me sad.

1 comment:

darlene said...

It was a fun weekend and you have the pics to prove it.